Create a page that allows users to search for movies.
It should consist of a search input box and a search button.
When the user clicks “Search”, the page should show the search results.
You can use the free public The Movie Database API to search for the movie details.
- Use a custom hook to encapsulate the data fetching logic
- Make sure the page fails gracefully if the API returns an error
- Use axios for the data fetching
Useful links for “The Movie Database” API:
What you will practice:
- Working with API keys for connecting to an API
- Data fetching and error handling
- Structuring your app component tree
- Working with custom hooks
You can fork this Github repo to try out your solution.
When you’re ready to check your work, take a look at the detailed official solution for this exercise.